Saturday, December 15, 2007

I am done with school for three weeks!!!!

I am pretty excited but you should see Livvy. She is super excited to have me home. We've already started making our plans for the "big projects" and goals to accomplish in the next three weeks. True to a married couple our goals were slightly different in there approach. I was thinking of all the things I actually do with some of the legendary "free time" I have been hearing about. This involved exercise, reading non-school books, hanging out, etc. Livvy, on the other hand, was thinking about all the things she could accomplish with me now home, including reorganizing the entire house and Tristan proofing--he is getting into more and more stuff with his independent tendencies. Despite our different approaches our goals were actually quite similar as for both of us our goals required each other. We'll be married eight years this march and we're getting the teamwork thing down fairly well.

I finished off the school quarter thankful to be done and thankful to be passing. I have not been earning what I would call bad grades but that has not been my goal. My main goal with school beside the obvious become a doctor is to be with my family as much as I can. It would be very easy for me to spend all my time studying and being at school but I would miss out on the childhood of my children and my relationship with Olivia would suffer. So I spend time at home and get okay grades.

1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Okay...I would like to qualify that statement! ;)
By "OK grades" Tim really means he is not getting a 4.0 His final grade in each class this quarter was a B. I think that is pretty dang great seeing as how half or more than half of the beginning group of students drops out or gets kicked out at some point for bad grades. So, I say Bravo Tim for learning balance and getting GREAT grades at the same time!! I love you.