Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tristan woke up before Livvy and I this morning--I had left the door unlocked because I went in there to chase away bad dreams Julian had of not being able to find his car seat--and decided to be independent again. There should be high suspense music playing right now and for those who read Olivia's blog, see the link, you will know why.

Tristan had pooped in his diaper and decided to take care of it. So he did what any three year old would do I guess. He took off his poopy diaper in the playroom, left it there, and went into the bathroom. As anyone knows when you poop you need toilet paper; lots of it.

After personal hygiene came cleaning up after your poopy diaper still in the playroom. The best thing for that is soap of course!

Having thus cleaned up his mess he could now inform Dad that he needed a new diaper. Groggy eyed I followed Tristan into his room where he got me a diaper to put on him and told me that he pooped in the potty and wanted a sucker. "I used toilet paper too!"

"Let's go see" I said. With that we went into the bathroom. The toilet was full of water with a huge wad, probably the whole roll, of toilet paper clogging it. For some reason there was one Q-tip in there too.

Tristan had taken off when I walked into the bathroom so after I fixed the toilet issue I followed after him to let him know the proper amount of toilet paper required to actually flush the toilet. I walked into the play room and stepped on something slimy.

Being the scientist that I am I looked down at what I stepped on and then I smelled it.

It turned out to be soap, thankfully. There was soap on the rocking chair, some of the couch, on the floor, and on a storage bin lid. I am thankful for that last one because it was easier to clean up. In looking for where the soap was I found the diaper... It wasn't so bad except for a glob of matter on the floor. Though I am still watching my step while in there. The carpet is multicolor and it's a little hard for me to pick up isolated brown spots in there because I am partly color blind.

At least this time Tristan was trying to be productive. He used up an entire roll of toilet paper and half the bottle of soap but he had good intentions. Our goal this winter break is to potty train him at all costs. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: